There’ve been a lot of new abilities added into Agilebase recently. Here’s an image-based runthrough of what these look like when used on a typical user home screen – this is what one user sees when they log in. Click the image for a larger view.
So what’s what? From top left to bottom right:
1) top left – the logo: this can be customised to suit the company if necessary
2) top right – user settings: clicking here opens up options for the user to edit their details such as email address and also set their auto-logout time. Working at home? Set the time to stay logged in all day. At a customer’s office? Set it to automatically log out after five minutes of inactivity
3) top left – the big box: this is a comments feed, searchable and drawing together comments and updates that everyone’s been making throughout the different areas of the system, so you can see what’s new
NOTE: all the tiles on this screen can be clicked to expand them out to full screen and load the app.
4) the next tile along with a white background is ‘context’. When you hover over something like a comment or calendar entry elsewhere on screen, this shows further details. For example, if you hover over a comment attached to a contact, it will show that person’s phone numbers, email address, most recent tweets and perhaps a map of their location. In the example, I’m hovering over a comment against an image from the image library and it shows a preview of the image.
5) upcoming events: the next few events from the calendar are displayed here. Calendar events can also be exported to Google, Outlook or other systems.
6) the top right tile is contacts: a photo of the most recently added contact is shown. Clicking through lets you search and edit all contacts and organisations
7) 2nd row – the todo list. The top few items are shown on screen. New items can be added quickly directly from the data entry box above, without opening up the tile.
8) 2nd row – the purple documents tile: opening this shows both cloud documents (Google Docs) and uploaded files, with full version history
9) 2nd row – the Digital Resources tile: this is a shared image library, in this case to store marketing resources. The most recent uploaded image is shown as a preview. Clicking on the tile loads all preview images arranged in a grid. From there they can be searched, presented full screen and edited. As with any part of Agilebase, completely custom meta-data and comments can be attached to each file.
10) charting: a single mini-chart is shown. Clicking on the chart brings up a whole dashboard with the user’s selection of charts and visualisations which are of interest to them. Charts from any data in the system can be added or removed with a couple of clicks.
11) data tile: learning resources. A collection of videos, documents and links
12) data tile: sales pipeline. Click through to see data views of opportunities organised however you want – by month, status or person. Calculations can be added to score or rank sales enquiries.
13) data tile: projects and tasks. Another example of a data tile. Remember these tiles and applications are completely custom to each business.
14) the plus button at the bottom right: this allows other tiles to be easily added to the home screen, per user (depending on user privileges). Add whatever you need most often, from anywhere in the system, or just add a tile temporarily to do a particular one-off job.
So that’s a quick overview, I’m sure we’ll cover certain apps in greater depth in future blog posts.