On its fourth anniversary, portalBase has been released under a GPL open source license.
portalBase is a web based industrial strength platform for business application development. It’s used to rapidly prototype and develop data entry and reporting applications that work over the internet or a local network.
Our vision was to create a product that allowed business analysts to create lean, agile, Just-In-Time (JIT) back offices.
New headline features
- iPhone and Google Phone version – Aug 09
- youTube integration – July 09
- automated version histories for uploaded documents attached to records – June 09
- tag cloud generation – Mar 09
- multi-browser compatibility – Mar 09
- grouping views and modules into business sections, e.g. Plan/Do/Check/Act, Marketing/Sales/Finance etc. – Nov 08
- basic API additions including google maps integration and phone number lookups – Aug 08
- automatic join and full view creation – Feb 08
- data security and audit features – Jan 08
- GUI builder
- create tables
- create views
- option to use full SQL snippets for advanced users
- basic form builder
- accessible, advanced filtering
- report summary generation
- import and export
- set roles and privileges
- database refactoring facilities
- PostgreSQL 8.4
- Java 5+
Source code is available at http://github.com/okohll/GT-portalBase/
Have a go of a basic demo at www.gtportalbase.com, with the username and password ‘demo’. If you’d like to find out about any functionality in greater depth, email email@example.com, skype okohll or please pass on these details to your IT department if applicable.